Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time To Make A Change

I have decided to kick my own butt into gear and get myself healthier and fit!  Here is my plan (at least my rough draft...I am sure I will make changes as I think of them):

Quit smoking (last cigarette was June 2, 2012...yeah)
Pack my lunch every day for work
Go to the gym Monday/Wednesday/Friday for strength training
Run at least five days a week (Monday through Friday is ideal)
Cut back on the junk food
Keep track of my calories and exercise using the Lose It app on my phone and/or Nook Color

I generally work Wednesday through Sunday.  On Wednesdays, I will plan on running in the morning before work and then driving STRAIGHT to the gym after work to do my strength training.  On Fridays I work half days right now so I will drive straight to the gym, do my strength training and then do my run.  However if I start my run after I workout, I will just leave from the gym because every route that I have created has me running pass my gym.  I could make that my start/end point.

Besides wanting to get into better shape and be healthier, I want to work towards running a half marathon.  I do not want to do it for time, I just want to be able to complete one.  I want to be able to run the whole thing without stopping.  Even if I have to slow my pace just to be able to complete it, I will!  I have signed myself up for another 5K...and it is a color run!  It is August 12, 2012 at 9am in Seattle.  I know two people who have also signed up.  I cannot wait!  It is going to be a blast.  Now as for the half marathon, I am thinking that I will either aim for the half in Eugene or the Rock and Roll half in Seattle next Summer.

I plan on at least starting the running before work thing tomorrow morning so I am going to hit the sack and try and get some sleep!  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. You are the most motivated person I know, no doubt that you will achieve all your goals!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!