Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 29: Where Have You Traveled?

I have traveled most of the states, courtesy of the Coast Guard.  To be honest, I have set foot in over half of the continental United States (no Alaska, yes Hawaii).  What is more exciting about that is that I drove most of them.  I have been able to see some of the most beautiful parts of this country that way!

Besides traveling around this country, I have had the amazing opportunity to travel to other countries.  I spent a week in Cancun, Mexico for my Senior Trip.  I had so much fun!  My roommate was one of my best friends and we went out every night and partied until dawn!

I spent a few days in Victoria, B.C., Canada.  I went with my bestie and a few of my Coastie buddies!  We were treated like crap to be honest.  The first night that the five of us were together, one of the guys had passed out so four of us went out to a club.  My girl and I were dancing on this box/stand thing with one of my friends while the other had gone to grab something to drink.  While we were dancing, this jackhole comes over, grabs my guy friend's foot and pulls and just about knocked him over.  Had he been drunk, things would have gone a lot worse.  We walked away and then the punk that started crap with us got us thrown out by a bouncer.  That is the only place I have ever been kicked out of!

Before both of those trips, I was a worldly traveler!  I was 18 when I went to Mexico and I was 20 when I went to Victoria.  The first time I went ANYWHERE was with my mom, sisters and my grandmother.  We flew from Seattle to Vancouver, Canada and then to Frankfurt, Germany.  We spent a couple of weeks in Germany with some day trips to Austria and Switzerland.  I was eight years old!  The next time I went, I was 16 and I went with my cousin and our grandmother.  This time we flew from Seattle to Denmark to Germany.  We went to Austria and Switzerland...France was in the cards but when we got to our stop before France, we found out that our trip had been cancelled.  We took a look at the schedule to see what other tours were available and we decided that we were going to leave for Venice, Italy in the very early morning hours the next day.

I have a lot more traveling that I want to do.  I want to see Paris, Rome, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Rio...OMG...so many more places!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!