Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

UBC Day 1 - 2012 Memories

I received my first email for the Ultimate Blog Challenge last night.  Most of the ideas for the Day 1 blog were already covered in a previous post.  It had to do with resolutions and if you make them or break them or set goals.  It mentioned setting a theme word(s) for the year but I find that kind of pointless because I just blog about what I know...which is me!

I blog about:

  • My life
  • My experiences
  • My dreams
  • My obsessions/passions (think Zumba!)
  • My pet peeves
  • My family
You get the idea.  I blog about myself.  I like to share pictures that I find or videos that I love (now that I have figured out how to actually attach the video instead of just a link).  I also want to thank a specific blogger who I just laugh my ass off at every post...except the few really serious ones (and there really are just a few)...she blogs about herself, her life, her family.  Brittany Gibbons is amazing!  Here is her blog and her Twitter and her Facebook page.  I know she also has a Pinterest account but she does not have the link on her page (not that I looked real hard to find it).

The prompt I chose to write about was this

A year just ended - share what you accomplished or what memories you'll hold on to from 2012

I would have to say that one of my biggest accomplishments was being single.  I have pretty much bounced from relationship to relationship to relationship for the better part of the last decade.  If I ever was single, it only lasted maybe a few weeks or a month but not long.  I am the first to admit that I hate to be alone but using this last year to really try and focus on myself and figuring out who I am and what I want out of my life has led me to figure out what I want in my next relationship.

I would not say that I really dated much this last year but I did go out with a couple of guys.  Nothing serious because I made it very clear that I was NOT looking for a relationship and just wanted to have fun.  Sticking to my word, I hurt some feelings along the way.  Not intentionally because that is not the type of person that I am.  It is not my fault that guys just want to fall in love with me!  I was totally kidding with that last sentence...I could not and will never be that self absorbed!  I do not think that I am God's gift to man...but rest assured that I have met some woman who think that...and a lot of them should not!

As far as memories go for this last year, there are some good and some not so good...do I need to remind you of all the snow that we got last January?

I started hanging out with my co-workers and finally became friends with them and found out that I had been missing out on a TON of fun!

I saw Brad Paisley (and Scotty McCreery and The Band Perry), Lady Antebellum (and Thompson Square and Darius Rucker), and Eric Church (and Kip Moore and Justin Moore) in concert.

I ran in a few 5K runs:  The Color Run, Survivor Mud Run and CMY5K.

I reconnected with some old friends...and an old love...which looks very promising!  I know I have said that I am not looking for a relationship...hell the other night I flat out said several times that I do not feel like I am in a place in my life where I could be in a relationship...I do not feel like I can have a healthy relationship right now.  However not even an hour later I found myself agreeing to try a long distance relationship.  That is a whole other post.

I became one of the first licensed Zumba Sentao instructors in the state of Washington.

I have become more than just acquaintances with some of my local fellow Zumba instructors and become great friends with one instructor that I took a training with almost two years ago!

I have learned how to stand up for myself.  I quit teaching Zumba at a dance studio because the owner of that establishment was refusing to pay me.  I informed the owner that if I did not receive my money by a specific date that I would seek legal action and I have stuck to my word.  I filed with small claims court and because the owner did not pick up the certified mail that contained the papers, I had to get a continuance and because I have not been able to find anyone to serve her with the papers, I have to get another one.  If she did not owe me over $400 I would just drop it but that is a lot of money to someone who is broke!

2012 was filled with a lot of learning experiences and even though it had ups and downs, I am a stronger person for having survived it.  I survived my first full year of being divorced.  I survived severe knee pain.  I survived the passing of my uncle.  I survived the holidays without causing any major blow out fights between my sisters (something I cannot say about 2011...Thanksgiving was bad).

I am working on a new layout for my blog so stick with me hopefully I will have all the kinks out soon enough!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!