Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

UBC Day 3 - Book Review

My mom got me a NOOK Color for my birthday last year.  I love it.  I have to admit though that most of the time, I was using it for Netflix.  I did not have my Wii set up and my DVD player was packed away (which, by the way, does not work anymore...will not open and I cannot find the dang remote)...PLUS my dresser was in my closet and my TV was being used in the living room (until the 60 inch was purchased).

On to today's post!  I have never been into reading comic books.  I like movies based on comic books...Spiderman...Superman...Batman...well some time ago, I do not remember how I came across her but I found Blake Northcott on Twitter.  Seriously the coolest chick ever and was temporarily BANNED from Twitter!  How cool is that?!?  Here is the link to her Facebook page...and her website!

Anyway, Blake is a writer.  I remember seeing her posting about the reviews about her book and where it was on the Amazon charts.  I was dinking around on my Nook looking for books to sample and I decided to check out her book "Vs. Reality"...I bought it...and I LOVED IT!

Vs. Reality by Blake Northcott...READ IT NOW!
The main character Donovan Cole wants to be more than some loser who cannot win a single fight.  His best friend takes him out for a supposed night on the town.  He sees a girl sitting at the bar and has absolutely no idea that this girl is about to change his life!  When she asks him to leave with her out the back, he willingly goes.  Once outside, the two are confronted and when it seems this girl's life is in danger, Donovan suddenly transforms.  He becomes how he dreams himself...tall, muscles, strong...even tattooed.  She takes him to her place and explains what has happened to him.  He is becoming real life super hero!

Now this book is not just about how glamorous it is to be a super hero...they do not just go around beating up bad guys...there is no Bat Signal...they are just normal people like us right?!  I could go on and on but I would give it all away and I would not want to spoil it for you!  I swear that you will NOT regret purchasing this book/ebook.  Here is the link to purchase it on Amazon...I cannot find it on the Barnes & Noble website...but I bought it from the "Shop" icon on my NOOK.

Please, if you read it let me know what you think by leaving me a comment here AND if you like it or even love it...tell Blake herself!  I did...on Twitter...and she responded!  I love her and I cannot wait to purchase "Relapse" as soon as I am done writing this post!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!