Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I have never been one to really make or keep New Years resolutions.  It always seems like it is something that people do, are extremely enthusiastic about for a few weeks or a month and then go back to their normal routine.  I have three so-called resolutions that I have decided to make for myself.

1)  STOP PROCRASTINATING:  I have been extremely horrible about procrastinating with everything.  School work, house work, etc.  I need to step up my game and keep myself in check.  I need to create a reasonable study schedule for myself.  Something that schedules study time, workouts and eating.  Seriously need to make sure that eating does get scheduled otherwise I will forget to eat all day and then end up pigging out late at night when I realize that I have had nothing all day long.

2)  KEEP TRACK:  I have lost my self discipline that I had when I worked hard to drop 30 pounds. I need that discipline back...BAD!  I need to start tracking my calories, workouts, water intake, anything that I need to track to drop this last 15 pounds that I want to get rid of to get to my goal weight!  I have a friend who is going to try this one with me so that way we can keep each other accountable and since our goal weight is the same, we've given ourselves like a two month window to drop.  She is about ten pounds away and I am about 13 pounds away.  I think having her as motivation may help too!

3)  BE HAPPY:  This is one that I really need to work on.  I need to be happy with any and all aspects of my life.  I need to be happy with who I am.  I want to be happy with my appearance (may be a little conceded but I need to like the way I look).  I want to be happy with my relationships (romantic and platonic).  I just need to be true to myself and follow my heart and I will be happy.  This may lead to some drastic changes but I am not happy right now and I cannot think of any other way to make myself happy.  I do not want to go into details, so I will not!

Those are my New Years resolutions.  I know it will be difficult to break some of my horrible habits but I am going to really try and turn myself around.  I plan on trying to find a part-time job, at the least, that will not take away from my Zumba/gym time at the gym.  I was also convinced last night to run in an 8k in mid-March so I have to start training for that.  I managed to complete 4.12 miles on the elliptical this afternoon in 50 minutes so I just need to complete another 0.85 miles to be at an 8k.  I think i can do it in under an hour.  I hope!  Alright, it is time for me to get some studying in before we head out for the night!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!