Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Things I Miss Most!

I was driving around town today, alone, going to get some dinner and was thinking about Christmas next weekend.  We have been invited to our friends house for Christmas Eve and it has been requested that I make "Aunt Tammy's Caramel Apple Salad" (my mom's cousin...not really my aunt...) and "Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake".  I am like the dessert queen out of my friends and that's okay with me!  I love to bake and make desserts and since my husband is not much of a sweets person I tend to only bake or anything like that when we have somewhere to go.  Anyway, then I was thinking about how I was going to spend Christmas since I will be home with my pups and the hubs has to work.  I have been invited to another friends house for dinner and another friend suggested doing a pot luck at the rec deck in housing.  I should probably find out if the rec deck thing is going to actually happen so I can let my other friend know if I will be there.

All of this got me thinking about what I was really missing.  There are people I would love to see around Christmas that live here but this place is so segregated that we do not all hang out ever.  That is one of the biggest things that I miss about living in New Orleans.  Officers hung out with the enlisted and admin and public works hung out with the aviators and the swimmers hung out with the mechs and tweets!  There are several people that are here with us now that we were stationed with in Nola and I hardly ever hear from them let alone see them.  I miss that a lot.

I have met a ton of great people but I miss how life used to be.  I had a great job, a great life, amazing friends and an awesome social life.  I always had somewhere to go and people to hang out with and I have none of that here.  Going from that to having to put a new roof on our house, infertility, having to sell things to make sure we have money to fix the things we need to fix...what the hell happened to my life?  I went from having fun to being a boring person.  It really does not make any sense.

This post...definitely shorter than my previous one by a long shot but I feel horrible and have a huge headache and just needed to get this off my chest.  I miss my old life.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!