Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh It Hurts So Good!

As long as I can manage to get up in the morning on Mondays I hit the gym for a class called Group Power.  For those of you who do not know what it is (and I did not almost a year ago), it is a strength training class using weights.  The instructor targets a different muscle group throughout an entire song and it is so much fun!  I must say that I did not like it the first time I tried it.  I tried it on a Monday night and followed it up with Zumba after.  I could not walk right for a week.  I swore up and down that I would never take that class again.  That was in March!  I just recently started taking the class again within the last month or so.  I just vowed to never do it before Zumba ever again!

I missed out last week because I was not feeling too well.  The morning instructor started a new routine last week and I am still feeling the change!  One of the new ones involved doing squats, lunges, squats, lunges, and squats.  We end the set by holding a weight to our chest and continue with a number of squats and leg raises.  I felt perfect all day Monday and woke up yesterday morning and I cannot even begin to explain how much my butt hurt.  It was even difficult to teach Zumba Gold last night but I managed to complete it and build a pretty good sweat considering it was the first time I taught it as a 35 minute class.

I started getting a little nervous today because it was the first time I was teaching my Zumba class at its new time and no one was there.  People finally started to trickle in.  I ended up with five amazing people!  It is much better than the one or two I normally get!  Plus two of them were newbies to Zumba!  It was great!  It was quick though!  30 minutes went by fast!  I told them that if they needed water to grab it and jump back in because with such little time I could not stop the music for water breaks.  My legs felt like jello by the time we were done.

I got my stuff ready for Group Power and the instructor that normally teaches in the morning was called in to cover for the evening instructor so I got to do her squats/lunges/squats/lunges/squats...again!  I thought my legs were going to fall off.  They were not happy with me at all!  After class I needed to get in another half hour or so of cardio in (because my 30 minute class just was not enough...and I did not have the energy to stay for the later Zumba class) so I hopped on one of the elliptical machines for 45 minutes.  Towards the end it just kind of popped into my head that I had not eaten anything all day and only consumed some water and a little bit of coffee.  Man.  I am exhausted!  I am going to finish watching Star Trek and then it is off to bed!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!