Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another Day, Not Another Dollar

Today is Wednesday. It's the middle of the week. It is supposed to be my third day of work this week. Sad to say I am home yet again! Here's how it has all gone down.

6am - Alarm clocks (yes...plural because I am so worried that one won't go off) go off.
6:30am - I am out of bed, putting on my make up and getting dressed to work in the office.
7:30am - I am informed to call a coworker to see if they even want me to come in...and this is after I have just left my house by getting a ride from someone else.
7:35am - Back at home
7:40am - Back in my PJs, curled up on the couch with a hot cup of coffee and start catching up on all the shows that I have missed lately.
3:30pm - Phone call comes in telling me not to come in the next day.

7:15am - Wake up...not to an alarm...and force myself to go back to sleep.
9:15am - Give up on trying to sleep
9:16am - Curled up on the couch in my blanket with coffee and watch MORE television.
3pm-ish - Phone call comes in telling me to come to work the next day in snow gear...only to be laughed at when I inform my coworker that I do not own snow gear. Why do I NOT own snow gear? Because I lived in New Orleans and the southern Oregon Coast for a combined total of 8 years or so...why would I have snow gear?!?
4:30pm - All bundled up, I proceed to "dig" my car out from under the eight inches of snow.

Wednesday (Today)
6:30am - Alarm goes off
7am - Second alarm goes off and I get up and add layers and layers of clothing. Socks, long johns pants, wool socks over the top of the socks and long johns, top off the bottom half of my body my one size too big jeans that fit just right. Tank top under long johns shirt under long sleeve shirt under work t-shirt, add scarf wrapped around neck then top off with sweatshirt and Columbia coat.
7:15am - All bundled up, I go outside to dig out my car AGAIN and start it to let it heat up.
7:35am - I give up on the idea of driving to work and get a ride in the jeep by my mom's boyfriend.
7:50am - Walk into work only to have my boss tell me that he was going to call me and have me come in later or maybe not even at all.
8am - Chugged a cup of coffee, smoked a cigarette with my boss and one of the mechanics, and dropped some Ice Melt on the pavement in front of the shop after my boss shoveled some snow.
8:15am - Boss gives me a ride home and I shed almost all of my layers.

Now I just sit here and wait to see if my boss wants me to come back in...not that I'm going anywhere because it has been snowing since I woke up this morning. I am not sure if I'll be going back to work today but if I do, I know that I won't be driving there!!! If I can ever get my pictures to show up in my email I'll post some pics of all this dang snow!