Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 2: 20 Facts About Me

I have to come up with 20 facts about myself. I do not have to go into details so I suppose I can come up with 20...although it might prove harder than I think.

1. I have a flat spot on the top of my head from my sister slamming me into the ground when we were children.
2. When I was 4 or 5 I was swinging on my swing set, stood up and jumped off. The end result was a hairline fracture in my left arm.
3. After getting a soft cast put on my arm after the swing accident I was back in the hospital getting a hard cast put on because I went home and hung from my swing set and broke my arm clean through.
4. I sprained my right ankle and broke my right foot all in one fail swoop...walking across the playground when I was 11 and in 5th grade.
5. I have a scar that extends from the outside of my left pinkie, all the way up my left arm, across to the center of my chest and up my neck behind my ear...from falling into a wood stove.
6. I took my first dance class when I was six year old and have been dancing ever since.
7. The first movie I remember seeing in the movie theater was "The Little Mermaid" with my great grandfather and my great aunt when I was just learning how to read.
8. 2 months and 10 days after graduating high school I was in boot camp. Three weeks into boot camp, my entire company was kicked out of our squad bays because some of the guys did not zero out their locks and we had to move EVERYTHING out to the Parade Field. Mattress had to be made just like it was on the rack, all clothing in our sea bags and our piece attached to our hands.
9. I have a little OCD problem. All of my CDs are alphabetized. They are alphabetized by category of Groups/Singles/Solo Artists/Soundtracks and then alphabetized within each category. My books are alphabetized by author and then title...unless they are in a series and then it goes in the series order. My DVDs are alphabetized by title. Thought about going more in depth and going for category of Cartoon/Comedy/Horror/etc...but that got even too much for me!
10. I have had the same cell phone number since the beginning of 2004.
11. To get people to remember my name, I tell them that my name is Myranda...like the Miranda Rights that the cops read when arresting someone...but just spelled differently. To get people to remember my birthday, I tell them it is the day before Cinco de Mayo.
12. I was stationed and lived in New Orleans for almost 5 years and had to evacuate for Hurricane Katrina. Before you ask, my apartment was fine. It was not destroyed BUT some jackhole went in and not only turned ON my air conditioning but set it at 60 degrees leaving me with a $300 electric bill for three months...and someone broke in and stole my vacuum! Jerks!
13. I love to cook and bake. One day I will create my own cookie...or cupcake...something yummy and delicious!
14. When I feel the need to truly geek out, I watch "Star Trek: The Next Generation". When I want to feel the magic, I watch "Harry Potter" movies. When I want to laugh, I watch "Daria" or "Fried Green Tomatoes". When I want to cry, I watch "P.S. I Love You" or "Bed of Roses".
15. My great grandfather used to tell me that I looked like Snow White (except I did not have the short hair)...and then he would tell me that I looked like Christina Ricci and while I love that compliment because I love her, this was back in the early 90s when she was in "The Addams Family" and had the long dark hair and the extremely pale skin...and stick skinny...that was me!
16. One of my favorite television series was "Gilmore Girls". The relationship that Lorelai and Rory have is the same kind of relationship that my mom and I have now...it was not always like that but I am so glad that it is now!
17. I love coffee. I love bacon.
18. I love Britney Spears with all my heart...but my favorite genre is Country music!
19. I only listen to Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving to New Years Day. Any other time, it is against the law and should be punished by death!
20. I get cravings...like crazy weird cravings. The other day I wanted sushi for dinner and chocolate covered gummy bears for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!