Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Unplanned and Unexpected

I AM NOT PREGNANT!

It was not until I reread my title that I figure that it could totally be misconstrued and I wanted to make it clear...I am far from being in a place in my life where I can settle down let alone think about having children...not that the thought is ever too far off to be honest.

This post is completely unplanned and unexpected.  I just spent the last hour or so catching up on Brittany's blog.  I was a few weeks behind so I really needed to play catch up.  Most of the time when I read her blog, I am at work.  Work computer does not have speakers...therefore...no sound...and she posts some hilarious freaking videos...seriously...check her out...to use one of Giuliana Rancic's favorite words...

BRITTANY GIBBONS IS "AMAZEBALLS"!!!

I had zero intentions of writing tonight...and I am not sure when I last wrote but I know it was not long before the start of April which was supposed to start my second 30 Day Blog Challenge which I did not know I had to sign up for AGAIN...I am kind of over it.  I think I am going to ask to be removed from their email lists and delete all their emails.  I will find my own way to keep myself motivated enough to write.  I can be cleaver sometimes damn it...

In all seriousness, I really need to give my blog a "face lift".  I have read several articles that blogs that tailor to a specific theme/topic tend to get the most traffic...apparently writing about the stupid craziness that is my life will not generate the traffic that I am looking for.  I am just looking for ANYONE to read...that keeps me motivated to continue to share my life experiences with the world.

Let me give you a "For Instance"...

My netbook sucks.  I mean seriously sucks!  I have not been able to access the Internet from it for weeks because it says I need to reset the modem...yet no one else in the house seems to be having any problems with accessing the Internet from their laptops.  Well, I just recently got to upgrade my cell phone from that stupid P.O.S. Droid 2 to an iPhone 5.  Before you start calling me "money bags" it seriously cost me just over $300 including the insurance package and the case...and I got to split the payments up...so I only paid $150 and pay the other $150 in May...but I might just take care of it with this paycheck since it is way bigger than I was expecting!

So anyway, because my Netbook has very little space, I do not have iTunes loaded...plus I am apparently at the maximum capacity of allowable computers...which I find odd since I have only had my desktop and my laptop (that the desktop replaced when it died a tragic death).  How those two add up to five is beyond me. iTunes is only on my desktop and I needed to back it up and all that jazz.  Well when we moved in September, I had to get rid of my desk because there is not any room for it...which I was originally told there would be.

No desk means no desktop computer.

But I am starting classes...I need my computer in order to do my work!

Oh you can use my laptop...that is fine.

And I will be allowed to take it with me to work and be on it constantly?

No...I have to use it for work but you can use it when I am not.

I ended up dropping the class mainly because I could not understand the reading but needless to say it felt like it was going to be an inconvenience for me to try to finish my degree.  So my HP Desktop was unplugged, all cables wound up and put into a grocery bag with my mouse, web cam and NetGear wireless card thing that allows me to pick up a wifi signal so the modem does not have to be plugged directly into my computer.  I made a nice little home for my tower, 15" monitor, keyboard and grocery bag of cables in the back corner of my closet.

In order to back up my phone, I needed to dust off the trusty desktop and turn it on for the first time in over seven months.  Let me tell you what...there were like almost 100 updates that it had to do...but I allowed it to do its thing and I waited kinda patiently.  I did finally get it backed up and got a little bit of music on it as well.  Like the essential Zumba Playlist!

Where on earth did I set up my computer if I have no desk and there is no room for it?


Now what you see here is my tower set up just to the side of my dresser (not pictured) with my monitor on top of it.  My keyboard is resting either on my lap (like in the picture) or on the floor, which is where it is now.  To the right you see a box with a pink stripe half of my mouse...I lost my mouse pad...or boxed it up with something else...or threw it out...I honestly could not even tell you what the damn thing looked like now.  So I have to improvise.  I find that magazines do not work as a good mouse pad...cursor flies all over the damn screen...this box is definitely coming in handy...I also found that one of my CD carriers worked really well too.

**END OF "FOR INSTANCE"**

I mean really...who does not want to read about the fact that my computer is on the floor...you know that you chuckled when you looked at the picture...do not pretend like you did not...because I know I did.

As for the face lift that I am going to work on...I guess I will try some themes...here are a few I have been tinkering with:

MONDAY MADNESS
I mean Monday's just suck in general...

TUESDAY MEMORIES
Take short walks down memory lane...

WTF WEDNESDAY
That random thought or something that just makes you want to scream the actual words out...

THROWBACK THURSDAY
I know...not original but instead of just pictures like on Twitter and Instagram I will throw in some nostalgia...

FITNESS FRIDAY
Maybe throw out some tips...attach some great fitness articles that I find...

SASSY SATURDAY
Something to do with fashion...trust me...I will not be giving any advice...I promise...

SUCCULENT SUNDAY
Some of my favorite recipes...some healthy and some not so much...

None of these are set in stone...especially not the titles of the days...I want to throw in something about healthy living...not that I follow that like I should and I am really going to try but I am human.  I have learned a lot on my journey of weight loss and maintaining and not regaining...I want to share what I have learned...I also love to read on my Nook Color and I want to try and fit in book reviews and just reviews in general.  The amount of hits I got from my review of "Vs. Reality" by Blake Northcott and for my favorite radio station 100.7 The Wolf was seriously the greatest ever!  I want to review books, music, movies...see if I am any good at it...maybe start reading some professional reviews so that way I can learn what to say and what to leave out so I can get a reader interested but not give anything away...I will keep working on these and maybe sometime soon, a new and improved Until Next Time will be revealed!

Until next time y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!