Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Why Blog

I was taking a picture of a package that I got from PopSugar and my mom and step dad started making fun of me.

Oh you are taking a picture of that to blog about?

No...

You are going to upload it to Facebook or Twitter or whatever?

No...

I like how anything that I might be interested in gets completely mocked (btw...I did NOT share the photo...not even to Instagram alone).

My mom proceeded to mention that she does not understand the purpose behind blogging.  Well, I do believe that I already wrote about why I blog...and you can check that out here...I wrote that post almost a year ago but I still stand by why I blog.

In a nutshell (not that the post is that long), I blog because it is an outlet for me.  It is not just like an online journal with posts like:

Couldn't sleep last night...
Woke up late for work...
Work sucked...
I came home and wanted to drown my sorrows in ice cream with my best friend Jose Cuervo...

I try and write about stupid things that happen to me or around me...

If I can write about an experience that can help someone shed some light on a similar experience that they have had then I am satisfied.

I give tips when I can...with a dash of humor that I am finding to be getting easier the more I find that I don't care what others think or say.

WITHOUT BLOGS...

I would have never discovered Brittany and all of her awesomeness...I swear I cannot read her posts at work anymore because my boss just looks at me like I have lost my damn mind!  She just oozes with confidence and blows up boundaries that women should never touch and does not give two shits!  I mean check out this Brittany quote from one of her more recent posts:

But the skirt was like $90, and that is not in my Taco Bell budget.
Brittany doesn't pay 90 Burrito Supremes for clothes.

You can't not read that and keep your chuckling to yourself.  She has also just started this Google+ Series called "Last Call" and it is mother effin ridiculous!  Because of that, I am discovering more blogs to follow that are hilarious and I hope to quote them and link them to my blog as much as I do Brittany...but she has totally set the bar for what I expect from bloggers and I have a feeling that these women are right up there with her!

Holy crap I posted twice in one day!!!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so humbled and speechless. Thank you so much, and I am so excited that you will keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are truly an inspiration! Everything that I aspire to be! You are AWESOME and I totally have a mad LADY CRUSH on you! XOXO!!!

      Delete

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!