Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Damn Technology

Who here is good with technology?  I mean who can totally geek out and figure anything out...video game console, computer/laptop, cameras/video cameras, cell phones, iPod/iPad/iPhone...you get the point.  Okay, here is my issue.

A year and a half ago, I upgraded from my Crackberry (with the track ball that quite working) to a Droid 2.  The only thing I found that I liked about the Crackberry was that I could turn my phone off every night and my alarm would still go off.  Over the course of the last 20 months I have discovered:

~ Every other day I need to turn off my phone and turn it back on otherwise when I make a call or someone calls me, I get no dial tone or I cannot hear anything on the other end.
~ The screen freezes to the point where you have to take the battery out and reset it and turn it back on.
~ The camera and video camera do not like to work all the time and it is always when you see something totally awesome that it will not work.
~ They do not make indestructible cases because it has a slide screen.

Example of the camera: I get home last night and find that the douche bag has parked his truck in the center of the driveway...so I guess that was his way of telling me I am parking on the street...I wanted photo graphic evidence to prove his douche bagginess...oh and tonight I took three awesome pictures of three hot air balloons with skydivers weaving in and out of them and not a single one actually saved...mother effer!

I am very accident prone so I always purchase a case for my phone.  I bought a case for my phone and not even a few days went by and I accidentally knocked it off the arm of the couch and it fell about a foot and a half to the CARPET and BROKE!!!  Seriously?  WTF!  Reinforce that damn plastic silly companies!

I will never again buy another phone with a slide screen.  If this dang phone came with an indestructible case then maybe my first Droid 2 would not have had the screen shatter when it decided to leap out of my hand and have a screen-to-shop floor fight...and the screen lost!

The pictures that I took tonight were awesome and I swear when I took them, they showed up in the little preview screen and if anyone knows how to get them to show up I would love to share them!  I know the skydivers were not actually weaving between the hot air balloons but the elevation of both it just looked like it!

Alright...time for this little lady to catch some sleep!  Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I completely feel your pain about your Droid 2. I bought the Droid 2 global on my way to Verizon and left my iPhone and AT&T in the dust. (the Verizon iPhone came out just a couple of weeks later.)
    I have nicknamed the thing zombie phone because it turns on and off whenever if feels like, often over heats, and no longer recognizes an SD card so the camera and video camera are render usless.
    Verizon wouldn't do anything about the obvious software problems with the phone, seeing as it had had a couple of meetings between gravity and the garage floor.

    I am so thankful that I am eligible for an upgrade on Sept. 12th (coincidence for the new iPhone.. I think not!) I desperately need a new phone. Incidently, the thing I will miss the most is the slide out qwerty keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I love the fact that I have the slide keyboard...especially when Swype is having difficulty spelling my words...of isn't picking up on the letters I'm touching...however I have gone to use the keyboard on multiple occasions and found that if I press certain letters it takes me to different screens. Drives me bonkers!

      What I will NOT miss about having the sliding keyboard is the fact that I might be able to get an indestructible case as my phones also tend to hate gravity...they like to jump out of my pockets or hand...last one was a screen to shop floor meeting COMPLETELY shattering the screen!

      I cannot afford nor do I have the need for an iPhone (unless my iPods suddenly s**t on me...knock on wood) so I might give the Droid Razor or it's equivalent a shot when my upgrade comes in January. Plus I think Suri and I would get into too many arguments...especially for directions! LOL! Thanks for the comment Jessica!

      Delete

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!