Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving is Coming!

This is our first Thanksgiving since my husband and I got married that we are NOT hosting it at our house! I am super stoked! That means that I do not have to stress out about making sure that my house is spotless or that I have enough seats for everyone and I didn't have to get paper plates this year! Even though we may not be hosting but we still have to get up really early!

6am is the time we're getting up. My husband is firing up his huge smoker and will be cooking three 20lb turkeys and three smaller turkeys (about 8lbs or so). It's going to take six to seven hours to cook it all. I have to boil about 5lbs of potatoes for my mashed potatoes and that is all that I have to make!!!

Unfortunately, that little thing called procrastination (the one I mentioned in my first blog) has still plagued me. I was supposed to turn in a discussion board tonight in my Statistics class and I have one due tomorrow...that is what I'll be working on while my potatoes are cooking. I have got to kick this horrible habit and fast otherwise I'm going to end up with more gray hair than I already have. It's so bad and I will be physically exhausted by the time I am finished with classes for the school year at the end of June.

I am going to add in something...not sure if I'm going to add this always but right now I just don't feel like writing it down. I have been trying to make sure that I do it every night but I have only done it three times. I read in a magazine a technique to help you sleep is to write down 10 things that you're grateful for and 1 blessing that you have bestowed upon another. Here I go!

1. I am grateful for my family.
2. I am grateful for my friends.
3. I am grateful for my health.
4. I am grateful to have a roof over my head.
5. I am grateful to have food in my belly.
6. I am grateful that my husband has a great job.
7. I am grateful to have the ability to travel.
8. I am grateful for every day that I wake up.
9. I am grateful for the snow that fell yesterday.
10. I am grateful for the extended family we have made since being in the military and have a place to spend the holidays!

The blessing that I bestowed upon others was exercise! I had 9 people in my Zumba class and 2 kids! I do not mind if children come to my class. I love kids and have so much fun. In fact one of my friends has brought her daughter the last two weeks and she just loves it. She doesn't participate the whole time but she loves to dance! When people show up, I actually think it's a blessing to me but I give them the moves and music that they need to get their sweat on!

I've got the biggest headache ever and I hope this Excedrin PM kicks in because 6am is going to come way too early! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!