Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day...How I Love Thee!

The most difficult part of my day wasn't getting up at 6am after only 4.5 hours of sleep. It wasn't cleaning out 6 turkeys (three 20 pounders and three 10 pounders). It wasn't helping my hubby get the seasonings rubbed on and cutting the onions that were stuffed in all the birds. It was coming home 12 hours after I woke up and trying to finish some homework. Seriously...why did my professor think it would be a good idea to not assign any reading because of our midterm yet assign a discussion board? I don't even know if I answered her question...and trust me when I tell ya that I don't even think I have really answered ANY of her discussion questions let alone her follow up questions. I am not going to complain. Want to know why? Because I have aced all assignments so far (with the exception of that procrastination one that I still haven't turned in but I plan on blaming my computer..."I went to check my DB grade and noticed that my paper didn't load properly. I understand I'll have points deducted and I apologize for not catching it sooner.").

Okay...back to Turkey Day. With our 80 pounds of turkey in the smoker at 8:15am, time seemed to just fly by. That first hour or so did anyway. I know I did something I just don't know what exactly it was that I did. I ate breakfast and made coffee before starting on the turkeys...hmmm...curious! LOL! So I snapped a few pictures of the turkeys before and after they were wrapped in foil. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the turkeys right out of the foil because it seemed like as soon as the guys had just the slightest bit of foil off, they were pulling the meat right off of the bird. It was crazy! But so worth it! Definitely worth the wait.

I had to make two batches of my mashed potatoes because I no longer have a pot big enough to cook five pounds of potatoes. OMG were they good though!

So now that I lay here in my nice warm bed and fight sleep, I am going to say good night. I should have folded some laundry but oh well...I don't have the energy to go out into the garage. I'll just have to fluff the clothes so I'll have some warm workout gear for the morning. While everyone is out shopping and getting some great Black Friday sale deals, I'm going to be sleeping so I'll be well rested to teach anyone who comes to Zumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!