Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Songs That Make You Think About...

Everyone has certain songs that they hear and make them think of something or someone. It takes you back to a specific event, the love of your life, a family member...you get the idea right?

Today I spent the day detailing an airplane. I do my best work when uninterrupted so I plugged my earbuds into my iPod classic, inserted the buds into my ears (lol...sorry...had to chuckle...I'm exhausted and my eye is twitching and making it hard for me to see and I'm laughing so hard I just might pee my pants!), set my iPod to shuffle, ditched the handheld radio and set out on a mission to make that Cessna 182 as clean as I possibly could. While I'm pleased with the work I did on the inside, I am a perfectionist and I did not get it as clean on the wings as I would like but I did not have the time...

Getting off topic. So while listening to my music, I heard songs that made me think of some people that I care about. There was a Michelle Branch song that came on that made me think of the first guy I dated when I joined the Coast Guard. I fell in love with him the moment I laid eyes on him. The song is "Goodbye To You"...it's a hard song to listen to knowing the feelings and emotions attached to it. It's not as hard to listen to as "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan...I cannot listen to this song at all. It used to be one of my favorite songs until it was played at my great grandfather's funeral 12/18/99 and now it just turns me into a blubbering mess.

Then there's "Better In Time" by Leona Lewis and "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars...both of those songs take me back to a time when I was trying to lose weight (see my blog entry titled My Journey From Fat to Phat). I was going to the gym 5 to 6 days a week and was determined to lose the weight. The first time I heard both of these songs was when I had forgotten my iPod (on different days) and listened to the radio that they had playing. The gym I went to was small and located in a strip mall and was family owned. The owners son was always there when I was working out and I must admit that even though I was married...I had a sweet innocent crush on him. I never talked to him except for the "Hey" greeting when I walked in. I see his face when I hear these songs.

Now I have a new one that I didn't hear today but "Time Warp" by Brad Paisley will always and forever remind me of seeing him in concert Saturday night (2/11/12...went with my momma) and watching his mad skills on the guitar! I squealed like a little girl and my jaw was on the floor the entire time I watched. It was the one thing I was super excited to see and I am so glad that he picked that one!

What songs do you hear that make you go back in time? Let me know and share your story with me!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! The song "remind me" sends me back in time. It's hard to remember the way things started when you have been with someone and long as I have. Don't get me wrong, our relationship is fine or as the song says "good" but we sometimes need a reminder of how and why relationships started and this song sends me back in time, when I heard it the first time I cried for not thinking about it sooner. The question is now how do you go back to the way things were? Only because the beginning is always more intense and special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kels,

      The first time I heard "Remind Me" was right after I moved back home after my divorce was final and I thought the same thing...why I hadn't thought of that sooner. Got me thinking that maybe if I would have heard that song just a year sooner things would have been different. I can now hear this song and it is kind of a reminder for me to make sure that once I do decide to find someone and settle down to not repeat my mistakes and maybe the next one will work! Thanks for commenting!!! Miss you!

      Delete

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!