Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Did I Get Lucky Or What?!

I have been absent for entirely too long and I know I have said it before but I really do want to write more and not go so freaking long in between posts!  With that said, onward to today's post!

A little over a month ago or so I received a request on Facebook along with a message from a guy that I had met a few times about eight and a half years ago.  He is, like, best friends with one of my really good friends from my time in the Coast Guard.  He tells me in this message who he is (and I vaguely remembered him) and that our mutual friend suggested that he look me up.  He is active duty and received orders to Seattle.  Our friend told him to look me up since I live up here.

We exchanged phone numbers and started texting.  The day after he got here, he came up and had lunch with me.  The second I saw him I remembered him.  He has not changed much in the last eight years.  I mean we have all gotten a little older but the second I saw him standing at his car in the parking lot, I remembered him.  How could I have forgotten his face?

I enjoyed spending my short hour long lunch with him.  The more we texted, the more I found it easier to just be me.  I was able to say anything to him and could just tell that no matter what I said, he would never judge me.  I do not have to censor myself around him.  It is absolutely amazing!

So his first week here I had tickets to a Mariner's game (because they were playing my Cubs).  One of my friends from high school was supposed to go with me so I asked him if he wanted to go.  I also told him that I had a fourth ticket if his roommate wanted to go.  I was all set for a night out when my friend from high school ended up having to back out.  That left over ticket went to my dad.  I was a little skeptic to bring him and his roommate (whom I had never met) around my dad since I do not have the greatest relationship with my dad.  We had a ton of fun and got to watch the first ever fireworks display at Safeco!

I have spent every weekend with him.  I work every Saturday but I get off around 6pm and I have stayed with him.  The first night that I stayed there I had entirely too much vodka and passed out.  He was so sweet and gave me a blanket.  We spent all night playing this card game and while sitting next to him, I stole a glance at him while he was laughing.  He seriously has the most beautiful blue eyes and the way they light up when he laughs.

Last week we went to a Sounders game.  It was my first major league soccer game.  I was so excited!  I actually do not know if I was more excited to be going to the game or that I got spend over 105 minutes with him!  I leaned my head on his shoulder during the game.  Any chance that I could I had to touch him...his arm...his hand...his leg with mine.

Later that night we stopped at grabbed a bite to eat and we were talking.  He was telling me about his family and I can hardly put into words the way he looked.  I was just mesmerized by him.  I could see the pain and the happiness and the sadness and the loneliness.

I already knew that I wanted to know more about him but I did not expect to find that I was developing feelings for this guy.  A man that I hardly know but I am totally and completely drawn to.  I cannot wait to see him again and again.  Every time I get butterflies in my stomach and he just makes me feel good about myself.  He makes it just so easy to be me!

Now for the first time in two years, I am proud to say that I am ready!  I have not been in any place in my life where I wanted to be in a relationship or could be in a relationship but I have finally allowed myself to grow and as of 11pm on Monday, July 8th, I became his girlfriend!!!

I cannot stop smiling.  He makes me blush.  I feel so much happier since he got here.  He has even passed the family test...well part of it!  He has met my dad...my mom, grandma, and youngest sister...and they all like him and think he is so nice.  He had dinner with us last night (well I guess I should say Thursday night since it is technically Saturday now) and stayed and hung out with me for a little while.

I told one of my girl friends about him and she asked me if I thought it was just a fling or something long-term.  I definitely do not see this ending in the foreseeable future!  I love spending every moment with him as I can!  We are hanging out tomorrow night and then maybe possibly going to Ikea on Sunday...YEAH!!!

I know that there will be a whole lot more posts in the future regarding my boyfriend and I smile to myself just typing that word "boyfriend"...because he is mine!  He is MY boyfriend and I could not have gotten luckier than to have such an amazing man be mine!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!