Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Have You Ever Had To Deal With The Police?

I know that I have been sort of MIA for awhile but I have been crazy busy...but that is for a different blog at a later date...and I have a few that I want to write!  For now, let me address the title of my post!

Have you ever had to deal with the police?  Other than your routine traffic stops I mean.  I have been pulled over a few times, once resulting in a speeding ticket that (if I had not been in the middle of transferring to New Orleans and had a few extra days) I would have fought because I most definitely was not speeding AND I am sorry but Mr. Texas State Trooper you cannot possibly think that I would believe you when you said that, "It took me forever to catch up to you."  If that is the case then you need to go back to working a beat where the speed limit is NOT 70 mph...or you need to petition for better vehicles if you could not catch me in my little V6 automatic Ford Mustang (that had the cruise control set at no more than 75 mph...not 86 retard)!

Again...not really what I was getting at so let me try that again!  I like to think that I have had a fairly decent set of morals and values taught to me and that I try to be a good person.  My freshman year of high school I was walking home from school with a few friends.  It was not the most direct route home.  In fact, it was the completely opposite direction of my house but that was because it was still really nice and hot outside and we were heading to 7-11 for some Slurpees!

On the main road to get from the school to 7-11 we were walking on the sidewalk going against the traffic.  We were laughing and joking and talking when I smelled smoke.  We all looked across the street and saw that someone's lawn had caught FIRE!  It had been so hot and dry and the homeowners obviously were not watering their lawn otherwise it would not have burned.

A couple of my guy friends ran around the house looking for a hose to start spraying it to put it out while the couple other girl friends and I started banging down the front door yelling that their yard was on fire.  The owners son was home sleeping and we woke him and he thought we were playing a joke.  Like we would play a joke like that, let alone a joke like that on someone we did not know!

We helped put the fire out and thought that was it but apparently I was wrong.  The next thing I know a detective shows up at my house a few days later.  We invited him into our home, offered him something to drink, thought that he was going to take my statement and thank me and my friends for being Good Samaritans. Not at all.  He took my statement and then practically called me a liar to my face and in front of my mom.  He told me to quit covering for my friends and told me that if I told him who started the fire they would not hold anything against me.

I do not remember if I cried but I know that I was angry enough to cry and that is when my mom told him that it was enough and that we were done.  She asked him to leave and that he needed to think twice before telling a 14 year old girl that she was a liar and needed to turn in her friends for something they helped STOP...not start.

Have you ever had to deal with the police in this sort of capacity?  Please share your story with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!