Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Find Your Inner Peace


Today is Motivational Monday and I want to focus on inner peace.  I love this quote from the wonderfully funny and talented Ellen DeGeneres.

"I get those fleeting, beautiful moments of inner peace and stillness - and then the other 23 hours and 45 minutes of the day, I'm a human trying to make it through in this world."

This really made me think.  How often during the day to you really find yourself at peace?  I feel like mine is the first 15 minutes when I wake up.  I stumble out of bed, get ready for my workout and the real world does not creep in until I am brushing my teeth.  That is when I start worrying about everything.

OMG...I just made a $150 payment on my credit card and the balance still looks the same.

I have less than $200 to last me two weeks and I have not gone grocery shopping.

I swear I just had my hair colored like a week ago and I already see several dozen gray hairs peaking back through...

One of my goals for this year is to eliminate my debt.  That will also eliminate a lot of my stress.  Since I know it is going to take time to get rid of that balance, I plan to extend those "fleeting, beautiful moments" from about 10 minutes to a couple of hours spread throughout the day.

I have never meditated before and have a really hard time shutting my brain down when I am in corpse pose at the end of a yoga class but I downloaded a meditating app for my iPhone.  I am going to set aside a few times throughout the day to play some calming music, focus on my breathing and try to rid myself of negative energy.

I know that if I am able to focus more on myself and not on my problems, I will be mentally prepared to for my goals and have better success at achieving my goals.

Now I have a little bit of homework for you.  Over the next couple of days try and figure out when you have reached your inner peace and how long it lasts.  Is there a specific task that you do or do not do that allows you to channel your inner peace?  Is it something that you can duplicate throughout the day?  Share it with me when you figure it out.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!