Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Breakfast Energy Balls


I got this recipe from my mother.  I think she said that she created it by combining a few different recipes.  After some trial and error, she settled on this recipe.


Breakfast Energy Balls
Yields: 7 - 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Freeze Time:  2 hours (overnight is the best)

1 8oz container of dried dates
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp raw sunflower seeds*

*Optional to add raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds or raw nuts.

STEP 1.  Remove pits from the dates (you will not like the finished product if you do not take these out first!) and add to a food processor.



STEP 2.  Measure out the coconut and chia seeds (and optional raw seeds) and add to the dates.

STEP 3.  Pulse until combined.  Mixture will be sticky.  If it is too sticky, you can add more coconut and pulse.



STEP 4.  Form into balls (this is why they need to be sticky).  Depending on how many dates come in your container, you should get anywhere from 21 to 24 balls.

STEP 5:  Place balls onto a cookie sheet (I use a mini cupcake pan for mine so they do not roll around in my freezer) and put into the freezer for at least 2 hours but overnight is best.  Putting these in the freezer only ensures that they will maintain their ball shape.  They will be soft and chewy straight out of the freezer.



STEP 6.  Enjoy!

3 balls = 1 serving
1 serving = 210 calories (calories will vary depending on if you add raw seeds or nuts)

When you try these, please take a picture and post it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #TastyTuesday and tag me.  I am on Twitter @Myranda84 and Instagram @Myrr84.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!