Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

24 Day Challenge - Days 1, 2, and 3

Do you want to make a change in your life?  Let me help you!

I swear I have tried to write but on Day 1, the computer at work kept freezing on me!  After like the third time of having to restart the computer, I gave up and decided that I would try and write that night...oh who was I kidding...like I was going to write while I was with the BF...right!?

DAY 1 - Hello AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge
My mom and I started our respective challenges on Saturday (see the pic above...mine is the top pic...Mom's is the bottom left...and the bottom right is just some extra goodies that we wanted).  I know several people who have done the challenges and not a single person EVER mentioned the fiber drink.  Okay so I take that back...but not really...one of my friend's mentioned to me the night before I started my challenge that it might trigger my gag reflex.  I figured that it was going to be like the Spark energy drink but with like bits of fiber stuff floating around.

OH NO!!!

The second the water makes contact with the powder and I shake it in my mom's shaker that I jacked...and it turns into this almost gel-like consistency...no it's like the consistency of freakin applesauce!  It totally threw me off!  I swear I have to choke it down because it's just not how I imagined it.  It doesn't taste bad honest!  It actually tastes pretty good.  If I had known what it was going to look like and that the longer it sits the thicker it gets I could have been better prepared right!

I managed to kick my ass out of bed and did some yoga, went to work, did really well at taking the stuff as I was supposed to, ate pretty well, drank like 70 oz of water and peed like a dozen times in two hours, helped moved a box spring and a mattress...definitely got my workout on!

DAY 2 - Sucky Day
The day started really well.  BF made breakfast and we spent all day walking around Seattle (that was my exercise...btw).  It was shortly after 2pm that I suddenly got dizzy and light headed and nauseous and realized that I needed to eat and I almost passed out in the middle of Pike Place Market.  I also realized that I hadn't consumed NEARLY enough water on Sunday either...yeah and I had pizza for dinner...really great right?!

DAY 3 - What Workout?
I followed the plan...drank all the water I was supposed to...the only thing I did not do today was workout.  I couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning when I got home...I crashed again!  On the plus side, I am done with that fiber drink for four more days!  I don't touch it again until Day 7!

I shouted to my mom this morning that I wish I had the good eating habits I had when I was in high school.  Damn being an adult!  I swear that was the end of my good eating habits!  I used to pick fruit or veggies over chips...and I moved to San Francisco as an adult and I start eating all the crap food that is horrible for me because my mom wasn't there anymore to tell me NO don't eat that!

I am not totally sure if I even made a point here but I will try for a better post tomorrow!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!