Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love The One You Are With...

Or love yourself if you are single...like me!  This time of year is not necessarily hard for me because I have never had anyone to make it special.  My ex husband's birthday is February 13th...therefore every year I got to hear about how he thanked his mother every year for pushing him out before midnight.  There was nothing I could do to ever make his birthday special.  Lord knows I tried though.  I have made it publicly known that I am far from girly HOWEVER I found that I need to hear that I am beautiful and needed and wanted and loved...blah blah blah...

I have never really had a Valentine or a date on Valentine's Day for that matter.  It would be nice to actually wear one of these dresses hanging in my closet.  Like last year and the year before and the year before that (and so on and so forth), I will be dateless and Valentineless.  I will be at work on Valentine's Day...I will wear my red work shirt (my hair is newly half-colored red) and I will just go about my day like it was any other day.

I very much wish that I had my special someone to spend Valentine's Day with but since I do not, I will probably stop by the store, get some chocolate cake and ice cream, come home and lock myself in my room and enjoy some wine...or a lot of wine...depends on my mood...

What do you have planned for Valentine's Day?  Are you spending it with someone special or just treating yourself like the special person you are?  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to know what YOU think about my blog! Share your thoughts with me! I respond to every comment so check back often!